The Royal is a busy and newly refurbished gastro pub in the village of Bolton-le-sands benefitting from over half a million pounds of investment. We focus on modern British pub food using fresh and local ingredients delivered to us 6 days a week. Our menus change each month with the sous chef having a very hands-on role in developing the menus alongside the head chef, and owner.
The right candidate will be passionate about fresh, modern food and will be comfortable preparing a broad range of dishes with guidance from the head chef. We are a busy pub so the successful candidate will need to be able to work calmly and capably under steady pressure as part of a brigade, plating up with an eye for detail whilst delivering consistently high standards. It is important that the successful candidate comes with a positive 'can do' attitude and works well as part of a driven team. Commitment, focus and attention to detail are important skill sets we're looking for.
• Maintaining the highest standards of cooking and presentation during service and in the absence of the head chef
• Inspiring junior members of the team and helping to develop their skill sets
• Controlling stock and helping hit monthly food GP's, placing orders with suppliers
• Maintaining the cleanliness & H&S standards of the kitchen
• Completing daily due diligence & keeping the business legally compliant
As a young company that's going places, we're looking for opportunities to expand our venue portfolio in the coming years, so if it's career progression you're after, you're in the right place.